News update: Forthcoming VUMS events
Next week, VERITAS and VUMS partners will be attending the ICCHP 2012 (13th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs) event in Linz, Austria. On the agenda:
- 9 July: VUMS Cluster meeting 13-17.00 CET
- 10 July: Scientific Advisory Board meeting 9-12.15 CET
- 10 July: VUMS Workshop 13-17.00 CET (agenda): Virtual User Models for Designing and Using of Inclusive Products – open, afternoon (Tuesday only). Chairs: Konstantinos Moustakas and Dimitrios Tzovaras, CERTH/ITI, GR – Room: K 224 B
- 11-12 July: VERITAS project meeting
- 11 July: Session C 16:30 – 18:30 – Track III – Virtual User Models for Designing and Using Inclusive Products
All the meetings will take place at the campus of the Johannes Kepler University Linz (JKU), Altenberger Strasse 69, 4040 Linz, Austria.
Following events are also planned to take place at ICCHP 2012:
- VUMS STS: This STS calls for papers and presentations of: research and development work; prototypes and products; concepts and; evaluation of usability and applicability of generic interoperable user models that describe the relevant characteristics of users, who will interact with products and user interfaces. These include physical cognitive, and sensory attributes, habits, preferences and accessibility capabilities.
- VUMS workshop: This workshop presents prototypes and discusses concepts of generic interoperable user models that describe the relevant characteristics of users, who will interact with products and user interfaces. These include physical cognitive, and sensory attributes, habits, preferences and accessibility capabilities. With such a model designers can define as many user interaction profiles as needed to address the whole range of requirements from a target population. It will also help designers and developers to maximize the level of accessibility of products and services by providing a comprehensive set of Human Factors design guidelines, which could be used in virtual spaces to visualize accessibility and usability issues.
Registration details can be found on:
Link to STS page: http://www.icchp.org/node/349
Link to ICCHP workshop page: http://www.icchp.org/node/348
VUMS is a project cluster that includes the GUIDE, MyUI, VERITAS and VICON projects. The projects collaborate on future joint efforts. All projects work on improving the accessibility of various products and application areas, taking into account various impairments.